Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I wonder if you could help me I had a blood test to check

Hello I wonder if you could help me I had a blood test to check my thyroid on Friday,and I have had a phone call today saying it needs to be tweaked from 100 to 200mg
Now I have never been on this amount before in my life and I did tell the Doctor I had issued some doses but was unsure as to how many I had missed, I've been on 150mg before and that ended up being too much..... 200mg seems way too much, I wondering whether I ring doctors asap tomorrow morning
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.If you have missed a number of doses and have not been compliant then it may very well be that you only require a dose increase of 50 microgram rather than 100 microgram.However, the dose increase also depends on how high your TSH level is.It must have been way above the normal (normal being 0.3 to 3) for your doctor to consider increasing your dose by this much.So, yes, I would definitely recommend calling your doctor's office tomorrow and asking him as to how he/she went about increasing your dose by this much.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars at your end.Kind regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions or comments that you may have.Rate me by clicking on one of the stars when you are done asking.Kind regars
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI see that you have been increased to 200, not 100One would never go down to 50.Yes, the increase is OKThe steady state takes a long time, and you can be checked in 6 weeks.See if your TSH was over one.If so, an increase is warranted if you have symptoms.Up to 3 is too high for a treated patient. I am a double board certified US clinical doctor.Find me anytime for questions.Please click a positive on my answer page.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions or comments that you may have.
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Can you please give me your phone number in the private box so that I can call you to discuss your problem.Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just sent you my phone number in which to call

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I have not received your phone number.Can you please try sending it again.Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi I have tried sending it to you email if that's ok

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is ok. But I have not received an email from you as yet.

Can you please try sending it again on my email.