Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have recently had a bloodtest to check my underactive thyroid

Customer Question

I have recently had a bloodtest to check my underactive thyroid ,I was told yesterday by receptionist ,doctor wanted to put up from 100mg to 200mg ..I have missed numerous doses and I an unsure as to how many I have missed ,,I suffer from mental health issues so I am worried sick about this ,i don't know what else to do ,can you help
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for contacting Justanswer. Does your doctor know about the missed doses?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but i think she thinks i meant a handful ,i am sure it is more then that ,but i honestly do not know how hany i have missed

Dear customer, What was your TSH?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what do you advise me to do ??

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am unsure as to what it is ,

Dear customer, I would advise you to tell your doctor about the missed doses. The missed doses have likely caused an increase in your TSH leading your doctor to decide to increase your dosage. With the knowledge of the missed doses your doctor would likely ask you to continue with the present dosage without missing the doses, and to have the test done again after a few months. Take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have managed to get an appointment with her on Friday ,do i continue with my 100mg dose until then ??? ,,,this is not the first time i have missed doses of meds ,as i mentioned i suffer from mental health -and at my bad periods forget medication ............
i am terrified of talking to her ,as she is a new doctor ,we have just moved ... can you advise would it be wise for me to ask her to contact my old doctor ,as they are aware of my history

Dear customer,

There is no need to be worried about consulting your doctor and you need to tell her all your history and the conditions that you suffer from. This will lead her to give an accurate diagnosis as well treat you with the best available medications. You may also mention about your old doctor and if required she will contact him/her.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a postivie rating.

Take care.