Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I had a normal period April 2015 up to September 2015 and

I had a normal period April 2015 up to September 2015 and they only lasts three days since I had depo injection 2014 but in the past my periods used to last more then three days What does this mean
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer, When and in which month did you have the contraceptive injection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
March 2014
Dear customer, What is your age? In the past how many days did it last?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It used to last more then three days in the past
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And am 22
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. Basically as you are aware that it may take up to a year after your last injection for your normal cycle to return. Since your period has returned and you are having a normal period though shorter compared with the past, still this is within the range of normal (2 to 7 days). Hence this does not signify any condition or disease. Take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do u mean
Dear customer, I mean what you are having now is within the range of normal and there is no need for you to worry or be concerned about the 3 days of menstrual flow since this is also normal. Take care. Please rate the answer with a positive rating. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But my periods r light and in the past they wasn't light
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What about pregnancy
Dear customer, More than half will fall pregnant within 12 months and over 90 percent within two years after the last contraceptive injection. Take care. Please rate the answer with a positive rating. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Me and my partner been trying to conceive
April to September 2015 this month
Dear customer, You need to continue trying. Take care. Please rate the answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I had the depo injection March 2014 when will I get pregnant
Dear customer, No one can exactly say when you will get pregnant. You need to keep on trying to get pregnant, and you may get pregnant next month itself or by next year. Take care. Please rate the answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If am having periods every month am I ovulation properly
Dear customer, Yes a regular period in most cases indicates this and ovulation often happens around day 14 of a menstrual cycle, although the exact timing might vary among women or even from month to month. Hence regularly have sex two or three times a week, and you're almost certain to hit a fertile period at some point. Also daily intercourse during the days leading up to ovulation might increase the chances of getting pregnant. Take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the depo injection out of you system if your having your periods every month