Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My name is ***** ***** had my thyroid removed 6 years ago

Hi my name is ***** ***** had my thyroid removed 6 years ago and I am 40 years old , my medication is 150mg of Levothroxin ,I have been trying for a baby for nearly a year now and have had no success other than a early miscarriage in April ,I have since read that my thyroxin levels are critical to my chances of conceiving . My general doctor doesn't really think I have any issues but would like some proffessional advice if possible on this subject ,any help would be greatly appreciated
Vanessa
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
there are many many factors which are critical to conceiving and maintaining your pregnancy.
you need to get your TSH and T3 and T4 levels checked if you haven't had them checked recently.
your diet and overall health are also very important.
if you are taking 150mcg of levothyroxine daily, you are getting more than enough thyroxine of T4 hormone in your system.
make sure your TSH levels are between 0.3 and 3.0 range.
the causes of miscarriage are not well understood. Most early miscarriages that occur in the first trimester of pregnancy are caused by chromosomal abnormalities in the baby
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com