Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

There, I am a 48year old single male, is there a cure

Hi There,
I am a 48year old single male, is there a cure for pre mature ejaculation. this is the reason i am not in a relationship
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. We can continue after this if you'd likeMost often premature ejaculation isn't from a medical problem like low testosterone, diabetes, etcUsually it's from what we call performance anxiety.There are techniques like masturbating before sex, having your partner squeeze the base of the penis just before orgasm, and--as you seem to imply--alcohol can help.SSRI medications like Prozac or Zoloft can delay ejaculation but that is not a true cureI advise my patients with the problem to see a psychologist trained in cognitive behavioral therapy to reverse the effects of the performance anxiety problem and I suggest that would be the best course for youLet me know if you need any more information please