Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

There, I had psoriasis on the scrotum area, and treated

Hello there,
I had psoriasis on the scrotum area, and treated it with a Dermfix 1000 MX UV-B lamp. The treatment was for 1 minute instead of a few seconds. Unfortunately, it didn't help the area. Instead, it has left a heat sensation that has now lasted for 10 weeks and isn't subsiding. As you can imagine, it isn't very nice at all. Do you think this heat sensation will subside and is there anything I could possibly do to make it better?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

you should talk to your GP doctor or dermatologist about using a steroid cream on your scrotum for your scrotal psoriasis.

have you tried any steroid creams like fluocinolone or triamcinolone creams?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dr David,

The most urgent problem I have is the heat sensation from using the UV lamp. This is what is causing me the most stress! I need to get rid of the heat that seems to have been caused by the lamp. Do you think this will ease in time, or is there any cream that you can recommend for this burning sensation that I constantly have?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
you can use prescription Silvadine ointment or silver sulfadiazine topical cream to help cool the skin if you are not allergic to sulfa drugs.you can also try calendula cream which could help.yes, I think the burning symptoms will ease over timesteroid cream can also help decrease inflammation and burning sensation on the skinlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com