Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I'm 22 and recently forced to defer my third year of college

Customer Question

Hi I'm 22 and recently forced to defer my third year of college because of 4 % this has forced to take a dead end job I don't like which I have receiving unsolicited allocations and my parents think it's my medication and my father is threatening to get rid of them if I don't cut down ,these were prescribed for a reason by a psychiatrist. I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder at 18. What should I do?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
you should bring your father with you to your next psychiatry appointment to talk to your doctor to find out about your diagnosis and condition.
if he really cares for you, he will go with you and learn about what is going on. if he doesn't really care for you, then you don't need him in your life.
I hope you can get back into college
let know if you have questions.