Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

I have been feeling extremely tired, night sweats, with

Hi, I have been feeling extremely tired, night sweats, with bouts of nausea for the past wk? Any suggestions pls?
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I am online and will be happy to answer your questions.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Thank you for your patience.
Do you have fever?
weight loss?
previous history of any significant medical illness?
cough?
diarrhea?
any lymph node swelling?
are you under a lot of stress these days?
do you have any temperature intoleraces ( do you feel abnormally warm or cold and when others dont ?)
this is an info request and not an answer, please reply so i can help you. thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't notice a fever in the day, but am waking up sweating (which I never do), i feel like i am getting a cold, but it never materialises .I haven't lost weight and still feel hungry. I feel nauseas in waves. I'm def not pregnant btw. I don't have diareha. But my tongue dies feel like a fur ball . I was wondering if it's a kidney infection, but I have no typical symptoms of thst.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My tongue does I mean
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
thanks for replying,
Feeling hungry, night sweats, anxiety points towards hyperthyroidism as a possibility.
I would recommend checking for TSH and T4, T3 levels. I would also like to have a look at your complete blood count and ESR.
also, I would like you to see your primary doctor and have a thorough physical examination, and look for lymph node enlargement. lymphoma can also present with drenching night sweats. hormonal changes in perimenopausal periods can also present in a similar fashion , and if you are having menstrual irregularities, i would ask you to check LH and FSH levels also.
Please let me know if i can provide further clarifications.
you have any questions,
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
I am here to help you and I wish you best health,if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box.we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask anytime.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drhashmimd/?rpt=3800Thanks for using justanswer.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I get night sweats monthly but m not menopausal. My lymph glands are not swollen? What is t3 t 4 etc? Thyroid? And ESR? I know I am low In Calcium in my body as blood tests a month or so ago
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
TSH, T3,t4 are thyroid horomones, to check thyroid function test.cbc to look leukocyte count ( increased in a number of infections )ESR is erythrocyte sedimenation rate, increased in a number of infections'/ lymphoma,these tests will help narrow down the differentialsfor calcium, you should take vitamin D and calcium supplements regularly, as any vitamin / electrolyte imbalance can virtually present in a number of ways.
Expert:  Internist replied 2 years ago.
please let me know if you have questions.kindly click on accept if this answers your query.