Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

Need a consultant to assess a report on back pain after

Customer Question

need a consultant to assess a report on back pain after pregnancy. is there a way i can send you the report ?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
HelloI amCustomerand I would be assisting you.Please upload the report using the paper clip icon in the toolbox of your dialogue box.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please see attached report and advise on diagnosis and possible treatment...thanks
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
ThanksI have read the report.Please let me know your specific questions regarding your problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr. just want your recommendations for any treatment or surgery on behalf of someone from abroad who is looking for general advice as to whether her pain for her back can be treated based on the findings of the report....any advice would be appreciated....Thank you.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.There are changes of degeneration especially at two disc levels.These changes are producing some compression on the nerve roots exiting from neural foramina on left side L4 L5 and L5 S1.The degenerated discs can be the cause of back pain while compression on nerve roots may lead to pain going down the leg.She may be a candidate for surgical treatment only if she has severe or persistent pain going down the leg.If she has back pain only without pain radiating down the leg she is not a good candidate for surgery.In that case she should see a physiatrist who are MD doctors specializing in physical rehabilitation and medicine or a good physiotherapist.They can put her on a program to strengthen the muscles supporting her back bones and would teach her proper posture to avoid back pain.
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience: MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much...this will help. I have already forwarded your kind advice to the patient. I may need to get back to you for further advice if she does experience pain her leg. Regards.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the positive rating. You may ask any further question to me by requesting the question to "Customer" and starting the question by " ForCustomeramp;quot;.Good luck.