Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had major bowel surgery over 4 weeks ago (I had a cancerous

Customer Question

I had major bowel surgery over 4 weeks ago (I had a cancerous tumour) and had made an excellent recovery.. The cancer was binned, it had not spread and there was no need for chemo. My ability to walk etc was way ahead of the average. Today, I came over very faint in my local High Street and couldn't locate shops I know very well or the street which I know like the back of my hand. I had to hold on to things because I was afraid that I would fall and when I got into Boots, by chance couldn't recognise the displays as belonging to a chemist. Luckily, this is where I had wanted to go, staff were very kind to me and rang my husband to collect me and a few minutes after sitting down, felt better. I have never had such an experience before and since I am going to Sicily on Wednesday in the care of my sister, I wonder if I should be concerned about this.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. First off you need to be evaluated by your doctor for thisIt could have been a low blood sugar problem but it could also have been a transient ischemic attack--a threatened strokeYou need blood work, a thorough neurological and cardiac exam, and possibly an MRI of your brain. You really should get checked out just as soon as possibleLet me know if you need more information please
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Although lab reference range for anion gap is 6 to 11, anion gap 4 is still considered normal.The most common cause of drop in anion gap is lab error as per current studies.Other less likely causes will be severe metabolic acidosis, high calcium level, high potassium level or magnesium level.Since his other labs are unremarkable, anything serious is very unlikely.So nothing to worry about.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--Just to let you know Dr Basu's answer was obviously for a different customer.
You still need to be evaluated by a doctor just as soon as possible
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
In fact you should be seen today if at all possible