Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I just want to ask if I am on natural iui treatment plan.

Hi I just want to ask if I am on natural iui treatment plan. I done an ovulation test this morning and it was negative and I done it now in the evening and its positive. Tomorow it's Sunday can't have iui done. Is it right to do it on Monday morning?? Or is it too late? Pls let me know as me n my partner don't have any problems as we done all fertility tests and they are normal. but just can't have sex due to I feel that sex can be painful. In terms of eggs release n all is it okay to do iui on Monday??? Pls let me know
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David

the only option for IUI is on Monday.

it is not too late.

why can't you do IUI on Sunday?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because the clinic am on treatment in doesn't not offer on Sunday. I called on there emergency number and the nurse told me it's too late but if I wanna go for it then it's my choice. Monday is good time for iui.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, I hope you can have it done on Monday.

sorry the clinic is closed Sunday

if it doesn't work out this month, hopefully next month the timing is better

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But you as a doctor what to you recommend.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I would recommending trying it on Monday if you can.

2 days after ovulation, you have a lower chance of pregnancy, but it is not zero.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But ovulation does not happen straight after the LH surge. And I got the negative on the morning but positive just now. So now??
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
so you could be ovulating today sunday.

and so you should try Monday.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
do you have any other questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but am just worried. Don't know what to do? Should I go for insemination on Monday or wait until next month.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I would go on Monday and see if they will do it for you.if your doctors there won't do it for you, then you have to wait until next month.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I spoke to a nurse on the emergency number and first she told me that it's too late to do it on Monday but if you still want to go ahead then we will inseminate you. So it's totally upto me. N am confused and that's why I thought to ask a doctor in this website for second opinion.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I would do it Monday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey doctor but according to you when can ovulation take place after the first LH surge and when can the egg be produced. After 36 hours???
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
4 to 36 hours on average after the LH surge, the follicle will burst, releasing the completely ripened egg into the Fallopian tube

so you can do the IUI on Monday.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah am having an iui done Tomorow I just hope AV not ovulated and it's right time coz I received a positive LH surge this morning too but now it's negative. Any reason why it's negative now.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
the LH surge could be over by now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh so if it's negative then no need to worry I guess. I might be ovulation Tomorow. Could be a right time for iui.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, tomorrow is a good day for IUI

good luck to you

please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com