Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have cramping in the left side of my abdomen below the ribcage.

I have cramping in the left side of my abdomen below the ribcage. Could this be from dehydration?
Hi. Potentially it could just be from constipation from dehydration but there are other possibilities including diverticulitis--infection of a small pouch in the colon-- a peptic ulcer, or irritable bowel syndrome. If the discomfort is significant you really should see a doctor for an exam, blood work and a ct scan of the abdomenLet me know if you need more information please