Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have cramping in the left side of my abdomen below the ribcage.

I have cramping in the left side of my abdomen below the ribcage. Could this be from dehydration?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Potentially it could just be from constipation from dehydration but there are other possibilities including diverticulitis--infection of a small pouch in the colon-- a peptic ulcer, or irritable bowel syndrome. If the discomfort is significant you really should see a doctor for an exam, blood work and a ct scan of the abdomenLet me know if you need more information please