Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

This morning I had sever chest pains, it was like my chest

This morning I had sever chest pains, it was like my chest was about to cave in and i would also have shooting pains through the chest into my left shoulder. The pain as subsided but I keep getting a shooting pain in my chest that feels like a bubble raising in my chest. When I eat the pain gets worst around my neck and top of my chest.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. First off, you really need to see a doctor right away since, even at your age, this could be angina or even a heart attackOther possibilities would be a peptic ulcer, gastritis, or a pulmonary embolus.Whatever the cause, you need to consider this an emergency situationLet me know if you need any more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dr Chip, thank you for your reply. I feel well enough now it's just the bubble like pain in my chest. I counted that I've had roughly 5 in the past hour. It almost feels like a rising burp but very painful and it only lasts about 5-10 seconds or so each time.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Rebecca--then most likely it isn't cardiac but I just can't say in good faith it isn't.
It most likely is gastric acid reflux and for now you can try an antacid like Maalox or something like Prevacid or Pepcid AC but even if you're fine by Monday you ought to let your doctor know about what happened.

Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you