Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

A month the bottom of my feet feel as though I'm

For about a month the bottom of my feet feel as though I'm walking on hot coals. What is it and how can I relieve the discomfort
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. There are a few possibilities here.
One would be plantar fasciitis--inflammation of the tendons on the soles of your feet. That can be treated with topical capsaicin cream and oral ibuprofen and arch supports in your shoes. Alternatively a cortisone injection might be needed
The other possibility would be peripheral neuritis from diabetes, vitamin B12 deficiency, or a combination of those and it would take blood tests to look for those. Treatment would depend on which of those is the problem
Let me know if you need more information please