Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Yesterday I came over very faint in the high street. I couldn't

Yesterday I came over very faint in the high street. I couldn't recognise my surroundings(though they are very well known to me) couldn't focus and had to hold on to things because I felt so unstable. The whole thing lasted for about 15 minutes. The chemist suggested this might be an effect of taking oxycodeine following bowel surgery 4 weeks ago. Do I need to see a G.P,or nurse before going to Sicilyfor 2 weeks on Wednesday? Or do I need to stop taking oxycodeine and manage on paracetamol and ibuprofen which I am also taking? or could this experience, which I have never had before, be due to something else to do with the major surgery that I have had?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. This could have been from the oxycodone if you're still taking it so I would suggest stopping it if you are still taking it

That said, this could have been a low blood sugar problem or even a transient ischemic attack--a threatened stroke--so you definitely need to be seen by a physician as soon as possible for an exam and blood work and perhaps an MRI scan of the brain

Let me know if you need more information please