Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

Last night I woke up with a splitting headache unlike anything

Customer Question

Last night I woke up with a splitting headache unlike anything I've ever experienced and nausea. I was dizzy and then eventually vomited. My vision in my right eye was spotted and I felt like I was passing out. I went back to sleep and then woke up again in the night this time without sickness but with the headache still there but not as sharp as previously.
This morning I woke up with a full headache and pain behind my eyes. I've also without warning started heavily bleeding...but it's not my period. I had no warning cramps and only actually noticed when I went to the toilet about 20 minutes ago!
Please help! :(
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, I am Dr.Customerand pleased to help you.This sounds like a typic migraine. Do you have experienced migraine before? Is the headache one one side of your head only or everywhere? How old are you? Do you have any other medical conditions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm almost 25 years old and yes I've experienced migraines before but nothing like this. It was just instant and woke me up in the night. I still feel rather dizzy but the sharpness has gone. It was on the crown of my head but it's the sudden bleeding without warning that has prompted me to find out if it's all linked?
That suits well. It was just a very bad attack, I assume. The bleeding may have something to do with ist, but mustn't.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So could they be related or not?
You can ask your GYN if there is are signs hormonal disorder. This could ccause a sudden bleeding and more migraine.
It could be related aber mustn't. Other reasons for both are pressure in job or private life, or an onset of viral infection.
Can I help you with some more information? Feel free to ask. If we have got everything, please press a friendly report button for me. Thank you very much and all the best!