Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am 65 and work private school in Portsmouth and have

Customer Question

I am 65 and work for a private school in Portsmouth and have been diagnosed with Atrial fibrillation.. I am on medication for the condition and have seen a doctor in QA hospital in Portsmouth who has stated I can carry on driving with my PSV licience. Do I require any exercise test to confirm to my school I am fit to drive as my consultant has mentioned this in his letter to drive confirmation to my school.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
There is no reason why you can't drive with a fibIt doesn't pose any additional risks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I'm a different expert. You will need a cardiologist's evaluation for your afib that may include a ECG, echocardiogram, stress test, and, if you're taking blood thinners reports of your INR numbers
your doctor already stated you can drive.you don't need to see a cardiologist.I am an internist in the States and I treat a fib all the time without a cardiologist