DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had a stent put in my left eye three weeks ago. The surgeon

I had a stent put in my left eye three weeks ago. The surgeon went in through the nostril. I had a general anaesthetic and left hospital same day. There has been little bruising and all seems well except I am very very tired and feel giddy and disorientated when I get up. Am ok lying down.my husband has brought me away to a clinic and although blood tests and blood pressure are normal I really don't feel well. Any ideas?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
Are you taking any pain meds or any new drugs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The clinic here have given me iron tablets and a vitamin drip into vein.i haven't had any other tablets.i am normally very fit and a healthy 78 year old. I did think I had suffered with sinus problems but some moths ago had a ct scan and Mri scan. All was normal and the blocked tear duct seemed to be the only obvious problem. Thank you.
My suspicion is that this is from the anestheticsome people experience lasting effectsEspecially at your age the symptoms can linger.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI have a different answer for you.Infection in the sinus is possible. This time infection for real as a result of the procedure.Or inner ear problemTalk to the surgeon asap. Do NOT assume this is just a lasting anesthetic effect: but that would need to be reported as well.A CT of the sinuses takes 3 minutes and can avoid all sorts of problems. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you gentlemen. I will take your advice and be in touch with my surgeon.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You are welcomeAny timeAny questions.Please click a positive ratingThat is how we are paidOn this answer page if you appreciate my expertise.Find Dr. Thomas daily, so save time and have full, safe, precise and comprehensive ansers.use a request lock and "for Dr. Thomas only" in the title
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
I would like to provide another opinion.
If this were an infection you would have other symptoms.
Of course it is a good idea to see the surgeon but I doubt you have an infection
Just call the surgeon's office and let them know what is going on
they should be able to guide you