Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

The left side of my face and below my jaw is slightly swollen

The left side of my face and below my jaw is slightly swollen and there is a line like a scar or stretchmark just behind my left ear. My jaw also feels stiff when I am laying down in bed. When I wake up in the mornings my left eye is sometimes caked and feels sore. I am not keen on going to see my GP as I have been several times lately for various ailments and I do not want to waste his time on something trivial. I am a 63 year old woman.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
How long have you had this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

About two weeks.

This is concerning for an infectionI'm sorry but you have to see the GPyou will need antibiotics for this