DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have been with my husband years and both of us

I have been with my husband for 13 years and both of us had 1 previous partner before each other. This morning he was concerned about a lump on his penis which the doctor confirmed is a genital wart. We are very close so I am naturally concerned he may have been unfaithful but I am hearing that it is possible for the virus to lay dormant for years. Could you give me some information?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloIt is possible for the virus to lay dormant.Also, wart viruses are in the environement..this does not have to be a sexually transmitted wart. So, there is no way to say this has anything to do with being unfaithful. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
ThanksSee my add services offer. I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.