DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am 28 years old but I am constantly being referred to

Hi, I am 28 years old but I am constantly being referred to as a child around 13 years old. This has affected my personal / social life because I do not go anywhere with friends such as the cinema or the pub so I wont get asked for ID in front of them.
I have waited many years to see if I will start to look older but at 28 feel its now time to look at ways to help me.
Is there any sort of treatment that I can take to help my situation?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloThere is no medical treatment for this situation.You could alter your appearance with plastic surgery.However, I would be cautious about doing that, as you will age eventually.You might want to simply have a consultation to discuss this with a plastic surgeon.I would also talk to a psychologist about the situation. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the quick reply.I wouldn't ever do plastic surgery.How come transgender people get some sort of treatment to help them grow facial hair and to look more like a man but there is nothing on offer for my situation? Could I not take something similar?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
If you have low testosterone, that is a different issue.In that case an endocrinologist, based on measurement, could help with this.If you don't have low testosterone, or other medical problem, there is no specific treatment.I would start with an endocrinologist. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.