Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Private Practice for 20 years.Specialized in emergency care, psychosomatic diseases,sexual medicine, acupuncture.
61885400

I am taking degeneration a course of 2 tablets

Customer Question

I am taking for macular degeneration a course of 2 tablets daily that between them contain fish oil 1,016g fatty acids 0,600g DHA 0,360g vitamins C 180mg and E, 30mg , zinc 15mg, lutein 10mg and Zeaxanthin 2mg. I also take two tablets of Ginkgo Biloba each containing 500 mg. The dark round shapes have gone leaving me with clear vision during night and day. My question is when do I give them up, and will continued use keep the macular degeneration at bay.
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr.Customerand pleased to help you. I am very glad to hear that your vision is much better now! This doesn't happen too often, and you are quite lucky. Even if this supplements cannot promise to "keep the macular degeneration at bay", they are nevertheless positive for the nourishment of and the circulation in your eyes. Therefore I would take them as long as you can afford them; they usually don't have any side effects and are safe to use for a lifetime. I wish you all the best!