DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

In the morning I waken with a bad taste in my mouth and my

In the morning I waken with a bad taste in my mouth and my tongue looks 'dirty'. I feel nauseous. I also have catarrh which is white in colour but makes me feel nauseous. I also have difficulty swallowing pills as they 'stick' whilst going down.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is typical of acid reflux.The pills sticking is a more ominous sign of advanced reflux and possible stricture of the esophagus.You need to see a gastroenterologist and you probablyneed an upper scope to see what is going on.Antacids would be the initial treatment. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanksI am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.