Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Can i take any complimentary or herbal remedies safely with

can i take any complimentary or herbal remedies safely with my nexplanon implant? I know Agnus Castus and St Johns Wort are not good but is there anything else?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
It really depends on which CAM or herbal you want to take.
Some are probably okay and I can look them up for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm interested in anything that can relieve PMDD or perimenopause symptoms, including isoflavines. My symptoms are mainly anxiety, depression, irritability and headache

what about prescription drugs for this like an SSRI?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I take Venlalic, and Amitryptilene (not sure on the spelling) for my fibromyalgia, so I don't think I can take another prescription drug

Yes, but most CAM and herbal remedies for PMDD interact with these drugs too. The Venlalic and amitryptiline. So I don't think there are any options given you are on the nexplanon and these two prescription drugs. I would advise altering the dose of what you are taking. Venlalic might be able to be increased.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I'll try to get an appointment with my practitioner to suggest that. Thank you for your help

you're welcome :)please don't forget a positive rating for me.I greatly appreciate it