Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

The tip of my penis is all red and sore last five

Customer Question

The tip of my penis is all red and sore for the last five days
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Do you have a picture that you can attach here for me to see.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry what was the answer to my problem, I have no photo to show you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the answer to my question. I have no photo
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This was not the answer actually. This was a request for further information.
Redness of the tip of the penis may indicate an infection particularly if you are also have urine symptoms like pain or burning in the urine.
So I would recommend that you should have a urine test to see if there is any signs of infection and then treat this infection with an antibiotic.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no pain or burning sensation when I am passing water.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Do you engage in unprotected sex?
Do you have multiple sexual partners?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am with my partner for the last four years and we do have unprotected sex
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Ok that's good.That rules out any sexually transmitted disease but still does not rule out an infection which is still a possibility.Another possibility is that of allergy or fungal infection.So I would recommend that you be seen for this as you will likely require an antibiotic course.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was on,an antibiotic just before I got this problem, would this have anything to do with my problem
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
What antibiotic were you on? Can you please name the antibiotic.Please let me know.Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Amoxiclav
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Amoxiclav should not be causing this problem.Also, amoxiclav is usually not effective in infections of this particular area.You would require something like ciprofloxacin or trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole among other medications to help treat this particular problem if it is proven to be due to an infection, which seems the most likely possibility.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me when you are done asking.Kind regards
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was an antibiotic for the flu, not the other problem, flu gone and now I have this
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hmm okThe flu or the antibiotic that you took has nothing to do with this particular problem that you are having.If your symptoms persist i.e. the redness of the tip of the penis persists for another few days you will need to be seen to see if you require another course of an antibiotic.Let me know if you have more questions.Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** get in contact with you again if I need to
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Sure,I will always be here for you.Kind regards