Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have been with my boyfriend month. At the first

Hello, I have been with my boyfriend for 7 month. At the first month our sex life was great but after that we stopped having sex. Now we talk more about it and he said that it happened with his previous girlfriends as well. He say's when he starts to have feelings towards the girl something just blocks him. I love him but really miss the sex life. He can't explain why is that happening, his very open and tells me that he is masturbating when we don't meet. he wants to change that too, I'm trying to be very patient and not pressuring him with that. How can I help him? I really want to make this relationship work but not sure what is the best approach.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Is he saying that for that first month he didn't have feelings for you? And is he basically refusing even to try to have sex with you now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well he saying when we started to date he was at first sexually interested in me. So I guess yes, he didn't have feelings for me at that time. Yes he is refusing. Sometimes he gets excited but tells me to stop before anything could happen. Not sure what to make out of this.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Does he say why he can't go through with it--as in anxiety or depression or maybe worrying about the possibility of pregnancy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he doesn't. At first he said he tired, busy at work or not feeling well. There was always an excuse. Now we talk more about it he said it happened all the time since he was young.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK. I think the problem is that he's afraid of a truly committed long-term relationship and it may be something in his past that is the problem. You could ask him about his relationship with his parents and his other girlfriends to see if that's the case. If he opens up and talks about that then things may get better between the two of you but even so my suggestion would be for the two of you to see a clinical psychologist for counseling--both together and individual--to better work out and deal with the problem
Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know his relationship with his parents are really good, very close to his sister and both mum and dad. I try to ask him about previous relationships. I did bring up to see somebody but he doesnt think he needs it. Can you recommend somebody in London? Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
http://www.sarahfletchercoupletherapy.co.uk/
Here's a suggestion and even if he won't agree to go I think it would help you greatly to go yourself
Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great, thank you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure