Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Than 2 years I have pain in the left side tummy,

Hi , for more than 2 years I have pain in the left side tummy, loads of gas,noise after I eat coming from my belly , and some times digareea and constipation . In the past 2 months the pain is constant , dull . Sometimes stabbing when I take deep breaths . I went to my gp and said its IBS , then I went to a private GP and said that I have strangulrted gallbladder . Any ideas ?
Thanks Vick
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.Have you had any tests done for your problem?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything?Please let me know.Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, about 2 years ago I had a scan that came up ok , nothing wrong. Also I had blood tests done that also came up ok . I'm not under any medications at all. No, no other medical issues , didn't lost any weight or anything .
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.I think that you should take some acid reducing medication which should help with your symptoms.I would recommend that you should take omeprazole 20 mg twice daily (which is available over-the-shelf) for eight weeks.Along with that I would recommend taking motilium (which is also available over-the-counter without prescription) 10 mg three times a day 20-30 minutes prior to meals.It does sound like IBS but increased acidity and reduced motility of the stomach can contribute the symptoms that you are having which is the reason why I think you should give these medications a try for at least four weeks to see if these help with your symptoms.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.Kind regards