Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Lack of coordination and unbalance especially when trying to

lack of coordination and unbalance especially when trying to walk
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--could you give me more information please?How long has this been going on?Describe all your symptomsWhat tests have you had?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18 months on and off - July 2015 I fell backwards on a bluebell walk and broke my right shoulder which healed without a problem - however the consulting specialist advised me to see a ENT specialist who decided that the crystals in my inner ear were out and put me through a very painful process but afterwards assured me that they would be OK. I went back to my GP who organised a MRI scan and for me to see a Neorologist (sorry about the spelling) who having ordered another scan thought I had something pressing on the top of my spine. Two weeks later he told me that this was not the case and the only thing he could see were a few age spots in the brain. He then wrote to my GP suggesting the only thing he could suggest was a rare form of seasickness which my GP in so many words suggested this was not the case. He then sent me to a sports physio who thought it could be something trapped under my collarbone. All I know is that it has cost me a lot of money plus I fell again in July this year backwards down three steps onto a car park and because I am not getting the normal exercise I feel my legs are losing muscle and as you can imagine without any answers I think at times I get depressed and this is very unlike me. I hope you can come suggest a new way to go
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I understand
Is this a dizziness problem?
Were the two MRI's just of your brain?
Have you had nerve conduction studies and EMG's?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many blood tests I forgot to mention have showed up a lack of vitamin D and on and off my over active thyroid which I have been taking medication for many years. I was also sent to a specialist about this several months ago and my doctor is still waiting for answers but when I saw her she didnt seem overly worried. To add to this for the last 30 years I have had Chrohns
and after surgery I have this under control except occasional flare up which I can put down to stress or something I have eaten.I wouldn't say dizziness unless I turn or get up quickly
The MRI were of the brain and neck but the first one was more a body scan
No I have not had nerve conduction studies and EMG's whatever they are
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just to be clear here--have you had an MRI of your entire spine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not recently do you think it could be a trapped nerve somewhere? it is something I have thought about many times
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK and sorry for all the questions
I think it definitely is a spinal cord problem--something pressing on the cord and not just a trapped nerve
You need an MRI myelogram of the entire spine to look for disk problems and for something called spinal stenosis--narrowing of the canal through which the spinal cord travels. Also you need the nerve conduction studies and the EMG's
It may well be a surgical condition.
Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you