Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have been on 10mg seroxat and years because of

Customer Question

I have been on 10mg seroxat for years and years because of post natal depression, this has kept me normal all this time, last November I went to the Drs with burning tingling feet, I was told it was a foot infection, which I knew it wasn't, I went back to the Drs a further 5 times over the next 10 days and on the last visit I was in a right crying state as I hadn't slept for 4 nights because of my feet, they convinced me I was having a nervous breakdown and I was to exhausted to argue or care, over the next few months I was given so many pills I don't know where I am, I am now taking 150mg pregabalin, 375 mg venlafaxine, 45mg mirtazapine and 10 mg of diazepam I feel so poorly, I am usually a strong, bubbly person and run my own business. I went to see my psychiatrist on last week because I feel so horrible and he suggested I cut my pregabalin down by 25 mg, I did this for 4 days and today I have turned into a crying bubbling mess, I don't know what to do, please help me I feel like I am going mad.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for query,As you are on pregabalin for such a long time, you need to come off gradually. The rule for cutting down the drug is usually 10% reduction of last dose for one month and further 10% next month and then skipping the days and so on. So you should cut by 15 mg instead of 25 mg. I would suggest you must visit your doctor and discuss with him about withdrawal symptoms and cutting down the drug more slowly so that you experience minimal withdrawal symptoms and he can write prescription for you. I hope this would help.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Please Let me know if you have further questions.