Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have sever dizziness and tinitus and it is making me nauseous.

Customer Question

I have sever dizziness and tinitus and it is making me nauseous. I do believe the cause is ,usuclar from my neck. When I tilt my head back and then right, I get such bacd dixxzziness the room spin and my eyes flicker. If I massage my head, particularly at the back it is sore and can make me dizzy again. I have a constant low level headache and very muzzy thought process. I am tryong to learn a new job but am struggling as I cannot think. I am female and 58 years old
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. While this could be a bout of benign vertigo from an inner ear problem. There are other possibilities including a middle ear infection or a sinus infection or a disk problem in your neck. My concern is the tinnitus and for that reason you need to see a doctor right away for an evaluation since you may be in danger of developing some hearing loss.Let me know if you need more information please