Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I've had the nexplanon implant past 14 months,

Hello, I've had the nexplanon implant for the past 14 months, and have had a few blips with it but over the last 2 months I've been feeling really nauseous and tired. It's happened exactly a month apart which makes me think it might be something to do with my not having periods on the nexplanon. I have taken 2 pregnancy tests, one each month, and both have been negative. Are these normal side effects that I'm dealing with! As I've been feeling intermittently such for the past 5 days, and I'm starting to get worried about it.
Hi. What you're describing are possible side effects of the nexplanon and they may resolve given time. That said this may not be from the nexplanon itself--low thyroid could also cause them--so you need to let your doctor know about this and have your thyroid function testedLet me know if you need more information please