DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Thomas only'Can I ask you about my calf muscles ple

Customer Question

'for Dr. Thomas only'
Can I ask you about my calf muscles please?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to carry on with Dr Thomas if I can please - medical \neurology. Yes please I would like an answer.

Thank you for getting back to me. I will send a message to the Professional to let him know you are requesting his assistance.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiWhat is your question about your calf muscle.The question set up is a simply question and answer.Please be concise as possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry,it was just because i'd put my question at the end of our last thread and had hoped not to have to write it again. A quick history - I was knock kneed as a child, had exercises, left leg sorted itself out right leg stayed valgus. 2003 had DVT in right leg after a little accident, lots of clots up to about half way up thigh, wasn't allowed to have physiotherapy for about 6 weeks. Right leg became very weak, eventuallly allowed to exercise. I had 5 months off work (physical job) and was anxious to get back but in that period my foot and/or knee had turned out/in more than they had been, I know this because I was having trouble with my shoes. Since then I feel that my right calf muscles or the achilies tendon has shrunk, I have tried other exercises but if I try to stretch the calf then it makes the lateral part of my foot unstable and painful and whereas I can work with shortened muscles I can't work with the fear of my ankle giving way at will. I have had 2 lots of tendonitis and one of tenosynovitis in that foot/leg and a steroid injection into my foot. Now more recently I have pain in both of my calf muscles when i've been walking a while, My left calf muscle will loosen up a bit while at work but it hurts when walking, I can not stretch the right one, also the valgus knee has turned further round. What do you think might be wrong and is there anything I can do?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
first
you need a repeat ultrasound to look at the veins.
Secondly, you need a consultation with an MD of physical medicine and rehabilitation.
What might be wrong can be any of 50 different structural problems.
That type of doctor is the expert in structural assessment and the correct manual treatments.
Please click a positive rating.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you, ***** ***** into this now. I have pain in my right leg at the moment ,it is all the way down, mostly in the back and medial sides but doesn't feel like sciatica. i keep hoping it will go away on it's own but it won't. i think external pressure is making it worse, so my laptop from the anterior, various chairs from the posterior and medial when sitting and driving. Think i'll go and see a doctor.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Physical medicine doctor, also called a physiatrist, also called non invasive orthopedist in come countries.