Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My father has taken his morning medication this evening

Customer Question

hello
my father has taken his morning medication this evening again. ramiprill 5mg. but he should have taken his warfarin and statin at that time and we have been advised to wait to hear from doctor at 111 number, they say it may take up to 4am this morning, i am concerned please can you help me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
HI
If you're saying he's taken an extra dose of the ramipril probably nothing to worry about but if you can monitor his blood pressure for the next few hours and it doesn't drop below about 110/70 he should be OK
If he hasn't as yet taken his warfarin and his statin he can go ahead and do that now
If it was also a second dose of the warfarin and the statin still probably nothing to worry about although he should hear from his doctor as to whether or not he should hold tomorrow's warfarin dose
Let me know if you need any more information please