Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I'm struggling to get seen to correctly by my GPs in the

Hi, I'm struggling to get seen to correctly by my GPs in the UK. I've had a whole host of tests done and they keep telling me there's nothing wrong with me, but a year ago I was climbing up glaciers and hiking mountains, now, for the last 6 months I can barely walk around a store but xrays of spine/back they said come back normal. I'm beside myself desperate to feel better and go back to work so I would appreciate advice to see if it's worth going to a private doctor, especially about the swelling in my neck and severe abdominal pain. I have info and pics I can upload for clarification.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Please share all the details. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there another way to communicate it's not letting me attach anything or even cut and paste what I want you to look at

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Were thyroid function tests done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but again, they keep telling me they're "normal" without giving the actual data. All I know is the nurse practitioner said I was borderline for Hypo and if I was over 45 yrs old they'd investigate but not at 32 yrs old on the NHS. All I know is I'm in agony but they tell me nothing is wrong.

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. Based on your history and symptoms, this is likely related to low thyroid hormones, and I think with the NHS not sharing the results with you or treating your hypothyroidism, it will be beneficial for you to consult a private GP and have the investigations done again. With the treatment of the hypothyroidism if present, your symptoms will improve. Take care.