DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am suffering from insatiable hunger. It is hunger

Customer Question

I am suffering from insatiable hunger. It is hunger for high protein foods and complex carbs not sugars. But even when I eat meat and wholegrain rice and beans it does not fully abate and is quite debilitatung. I am suffering from adrenal fatigue and am in the perimenopause. I am 50 years old. Blood tests are normal. What can I do to stop this uncomfortable hunger? Will amino acids help? Will HRT help? Please advise. Thank you.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloWithout measuring your hormones, no one can say that HRT would help.Amino acids will not help if you are not deficient in them.Thyroid balancing will help if this is indicated based on measurement. You have almost no information on what your condition actually is.To approach this, you need a functional medicine doctor, assuming this is not psychological.You can find a list of these doctors herewww.functionalmedicine.org We recently have trained doctors in the UK who have this training. You might have to call the IFM to get those names. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.