Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Being sick with chemo has really upset my gallstones. I have

Customer Question

Being sick with chemo has really upset my gallstones. I have eaten a low fat diet for more than ten years and walking, cloudy apple juice, licorice and ginger stop the symptoms when they occur which is useually rarely.
I lost seven pounds in my first chemo week and believe this sudden weight loss agrivated my gallbladder. I am having six weeks between treatments, the second next week.
I would really appreciate any advice that you think may be helpfull.
Thank you in anticipation.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Can you please let me know what symptoms are you experiencing at the present moment?
Do you have pain in the right upper abdomen?
You are receiving chemotherapy for what kind of cancer?
Please let me know.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I'm a different expertIf this is a problem with your gallstones acting up there are two thoughts here--one would be to have upper endoscopy and what's called an ERCP to look at the common bile duct and its sphincter to see if there's a stone trapped there and to remove it if there is.The other option would be to laparoscopically remove your gall bladderLet me know if you need more information please