Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have had serious anxiety issues since February

I have had serious anxiety issues since February after a possible exposure to HIV. My possible exposure was in July 2014. I went for a Chlamydia and Gonorrhea test in January. Both negative. I have tested four times with BioSURE HIV Home Self tests at 13,14 and two at 15 months post exposure. All four negative. About a week ago I had Tonsilitis. I was worried that this was a symptom. However, I have recovered from this. Since my anxiety started in February I have had what seems like every symptom of HIV under the sun, hence why I have tested. I have visited my GP, he was dismissive and unhelpful. Hence why I tested at home. I don't know what to do about the whole situation. I don't want to visit my GP as he just dismisses my problems. I have had period problems recently, another reason why I tested.
Some help and advice would be helpful. Do i need more tests or what?
Thanks in advance. I am in the UK.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, You don't need any more HIV tests. Please consult your doctor preferable a gynecologist for menstrual abnormalities. They are many causes for every symptom and the symptoms that you had are the not the specific symptoms of HIV. Hence no need to worry about HIV. But please consult your doctor for the present symptoms that you are having. Take care. Please rate the answer with an excellent five star positive rating. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I should I see a doctor about my anxiety. I won't be visiting my GP. My Hiv tests are sufficient? Is there any situation where antibodies wouldn't have developed? Thanks again.

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Yes your HIV tests are sufficient. There is no situation where antibodies would not have developed at 15 months. Hence you need to stop worrying about HIV. And yes you need to see your doctor about anxiety. This can be treated with medications and/or psychotherapy. Ask him/her about a good cognitive behavioral therapist in your location and consult that therapist. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much. Why a normal doctor can't just tell me that I don't know.

Thanks again.

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

You are welcome.

Take care.