Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have a really painful anal fissure. I'm taking laxatives,

I have a really painful anal fissure. I'm taking laxatives, drinking lots of water, eating fruit, veg and high fibre foods. I'm passing more easily now although there's still lots of blood. After I go to the toilet I use anusol cream. I find suppositorys hit and miss. Sometimes they're extremely painful to use and sometimes not, which puts me off. The main problem is after I go to the toilet and not straight after, there's usually a delayed reaction. I get extreme burning, stinging pain in my piles. Feels like a huge amount of pressure that can last for a number of hours. Will this eventually pass if I persevere with laxatives and cream.
I'm also considering ultroid treatment but really have no idea and desperately need advice.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
It is time you get these taken care of
Quite simply, you need surgical removal of the piles.
Your GP can refer you