Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm 21 years old and I am a panic and worrier person!

Customer Question

Hello, I'm 21 years old and I am a panic and worrier person! The past month I have had an annoying twitch in my eye I went to my doctor and she said not to worry it's just a twitch and it will go in its own time. But now since the weekend my eyes keep jumping from time to time! Am I to worry? What is it? Is it that I'm not drinking enough? ( which I know I don't anyway!) or do I spend to much time on my phone??? Help! But I remember having jumpy eyes last year for a while!
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Jumpy eyes can be due to the muscle twitchings.Excessive eye straining fro computer or TV can cause eye muscle tiredness causing twitchings.Yes dehydration also plays a role in it.Please drink plenty of fluids.You can try magnesium suppement 400 mg daily to relax the muscles.Avoid staring at the screen for now.You can try antioxidant eye wrap for their relaxing effect --cucumber or lemon wrap.Do not worry excessively.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I should stop worrying can that make it worse? And yes I drink like 3 cups of teas a day! And oaky shall try the cucumber effect!
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Do not worry.Tea makes you more dehydrated --so drink plenty of fluids.Yes cucumber slices will help :)Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay lovely! Also sorry again my teeth and jaws sometimes feel really weird and like they have moved so this may be teeth clenching I believe? Could this affect my eyes?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes this is likely teeth grinding related.
You can use a dental guard at night time during sleeping to avoid that.

Best wishes