Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I started last saturday night with sever joint pain in all

Customer Question

I started last saturday night with sever joint pain in all areas, then sunday started with relentless watery diarrhoea and occasional vomiting. I have tried to keep myself hydrated. I went to the docs last night to be told it is a viral infection doing the rounds in our community, to get rehydration fluid and rest. I cannot eat. This morning i have woken with a hive look like rash at the tops of my legs, tracking down past my knees, under my arms, red and itchy on my palms but no lumps, what should i do.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It is actually fairly common for a viral infection to cause a rash, but if you attach a picture of the rash, I can provide a more complete answer.
Could you attach a picture of the rash?
I had asked for a picture of the rash and have not heard back.
It is very likely that this rash is also due to a viral infection. The rash that is a concern when a glass test is discussed is not likely unless you are generally much sicker. Someone with a menigococcal infection would usually be having far more than joint pain and diarrhea. The symptoms are far more typical for a viral infection.
For a rash due to a virus, it would be OK to try an antihistamine to see of the rash will improve.
If you can attach a picture, then I can assess the picture.