Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  MBBS,MD (USA)Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

Been as i have an anxiety and depressive disorder. If my child

Been as i have an anxiety and depressive disorder. If my child develop it what do i look out for in the cild?
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,thank you for asking question.depression and anxiety in children can be difficult to recgonize. as symptoms may be attributed to just bad temper. following signs may be the presenting features of depression in kids. depressed/ irrtiable mood.decrease interest in formerly pleasureable activities.appetite/ weight changes.sleep disturbancefatigued / loss of energy
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.
some change in mood, or bad temper is common in kids and should not be overly diagnosed with depression or anxiety disorder.as a parent, one knows in heart , that whether or not this is time to seek help and child is not acting usual.I hope this makes sense