Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I've been having problems with my tummy. I have been getting

Hi, I've been having problems with my tummy. I have been getting quite a lot of wind recently (lat 2 to 3 weeks or so) and been feeling nausia today especially.
I wake up with a bit of tummy ache which eases off when i get up.
I am feeling quite unwell this evening especially feeling a bit sick.
I have changed my diet a bit recently and stopped eating brown bread thinking this may have been a contributary factor.
Can someone give me an answer please? Is it a virus?, stomach ulcer? slight hernia?
It is gettimg my worried so would appreciate some urgent advice!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi. There are some possibilities hereYes it could just be a stomach virus that will clear with time,But it could be an H pylori stomach infection and I would screen you for that since it's easily eradicated with a course of antibioticsDoesn't sound like a hernia problem. Let me know if you need more information please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that.

Does sound like it may be H pylori as some of the symptons match up.

I'm seeing a doctor here in the UK, which is where I live.

I have an appointment on this Fri. How long does it take for the antibiotics to be effective? I will get the doctor to do some tests which should lead to a course of antibiotics. Does feel like either a virus or stomach infection.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Usually the effect is apparent after about two days of being on the antibioticsLet me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you