Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I had a laminectomy and discectomy 19 October to relieve

I had a laminectomy and discectomy 19 October to relieve lower back pain and sciatica left leg. Sciatica had been severe prior to surgery and feels the same following surgery. I have had some vaginal bleeding today although, I have been menopausal for three years. I am 52 years old
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You still have lot of inflammation and swelling at the surgery site.It is too early to comment on the success of the surgery.Your symptoms are expected to improve gradually over next 3 months.However sometimes, there may be inadvertent injury to the sciatic nerve during surgery.That can cause severe pain.But should improve gradually over time.Adequate pain control with narcotics and gabapentin is recommended for now.Vaginal bleeding is likely from the surgery related stress.That should not persist for long.If any vaginal pain or itching then bacterial or yeast infection should be considered and treatedc accordingly.Usually not a problem.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted also to ensure no further payment will be taken. I tried to unsubscribe but just ended up back at the Q and A page. It's a bit misleading, I thought I would play a deposit of around £6 I can't recall the exact amount. I could then Decide whether to proceed. When I went through to the next stage the full amount was taken leaving me no option other than proceed. I felt vulnerable as obviously I was worried about my symptoms. I can't fault the answer but I could have contacted my out of hours GP and got the same answer free. I've tried unsuccessfully to unsubscribe and ensure I pay no more money. I do feel that i panicked about my symptoms and this was preyed on. Lesley Smyth ps I do not want the unclaimed offer.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Please contact our customer service with any subscription related question.Best wishes