Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Every day my daughter who is 18 has stomach pain, her ribs

Every day my daughter who is 18 has stomach pain, her ribs hurt - this happens in attacks then goes. She has constant headaches and been to see the specialist and could be migrane.She is tired and no energy, she sleeps all night and doesn't nap in day time only when she gets flareups of stomach pain and off her food , if she eats certain foods if goes straight through her. It allways happens when she gets a flare up so no food stays even when shes not well she'll try to eat. When flareup has settled she still runs to toilet after eating . She has had all blood tests and everything is ok . She hopes that the tests would show something so she can get better, This has been going on for years.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for ​query. Since your daughter had blood tests and all seems normal I would suggest you should get her endoscopy done to see inside status of her stomach and intestines to rule out any ulcer or irritable bowel syndrome so you should visit gastroenterologist to get endoscopy. You should get her thyroid functions tests as well if not done previously to rule out hypothyroidism. Let me know if you have further questions. Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner. Wish your daughter good health.