DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I'm currently awaiting an appointment with a Haematologist

I'm currently awaiting an appointment with a Haematologist after having a positive Bence Jones test. Gave a blood sample today for a serum free high chain. I haven't been given any information about these tests or why I'm having them. Out of curiosity I looked them up on the internet. Having read the possible reasons for these tests I am obviously somewhat anxious.
When I got back home today I suffered a very bad fall down some steep slate access steps to my cottage. I hurt my back, pelvis, ankle ,leg and wrist. I suspect I will be black and blue tomorrow or in the coming days due to the severity.
My question is: Might I be at higher risk from all this bruising I've suffered and do I need to bother my GP, bearing in mind I haven’t had a proper diagnosis yet?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou are not at higher risk from bruising , but you might be at higher risk of fracturesThat is if you have mulitple myeloma.You have hither risk of infection.And, in some cases, higher risk of bleeding, or higher risk if you bleed.Since you might or might not be anemic, if the bruises are large, this can contribute to anemia...ant then this would become a risk.At this point, I would report this to your doctor or doctors answering service.If you develop symptoms....to the ER. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.