Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have twisted my knee and have difficulty straightening it

Customer Question

I have twisted my knee and have difficulty straightening it and bending it.
I have been in constant pain for over a week.
What have I done?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Have you been seen for this?Any tests done?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything currently?Please let me know.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
HiIt sounds like you've torn a meniscus--a cartilage inside the knee jointYou need to have a doctor evaluate it and get an MRI of the knee to determine the injury herePhysical therapy is needed first but you may need to see an orthopedic surgeonLet me know if you need any more information please