DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Good morning . I have suffered with abdominal discomfort for

Good morning . I have suffered with abdominal discomfort for some months. Tried to
change diet but no change . As soon as I eat anything my stomach and upper tummy,
mainly begin to stiffen and swell up. No regurgitation or vomit. lots of wind and bloating.
Feel very uncomfortable for hours. Have taken Omaprazole capsules ( one a dray ) for the past 5 days but no change, There is always a dull pain , not sharp, more felt if I bend down squeezing the stomach area. I am eating very little , as a consequence , and have lost some wight but the tummy feels and looks always bloated. Should I consult doctor
and ask for some tests to be done ( impossible !! ) or is there anything you suggest I
take ? Thank you for your attention,
Anna ( I am 79 years old, generally in good shape with only a bit of HBP )
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloDo NOT continue to treat this yourself.You need testing for gastritis and stomach ulcer, starting with a test for h pylori, the bacteria that causes these.The correct antibiotics, not just omeprazole, would be needed.Small bowel problems, gallbladder problems, and pancreatic problems can cause pain in this area.This has gone on too long without diagnosis, correct testing and correct treatment.If the pain is lower done, colon problems, uterine problems and ovarian problems need to be considered.Get an exam this coming week without fail.Preferably, internal medicine. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanks I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.