Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My mother aged75 was prescribed and has taken tamsulin For

My mother aged75 was prescribed and has taken tamsulin For the last 18 months and has suffered with stomach problems and skin problems ever since , she now has been told by a nurse that she should never have been prescribed this medication, despite several reviews from her doctors whom she now does not trust , she has become very anxious and worried and does not no what to do ,. Can anyone give me some advice
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
zHi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
For what symptoms was she prescribed tamsulin?
Did she have any urinary symptoms at the time?
Does she have any other medical problems?
Is she on any other medications for anything?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure exactly why she was prescribed tamsulin , she had breast cancer approximately 2 years ago and during follow up appointments she had a kidney X-ray which proved to be inconclusive , since taking the tamsulin she has suffered with stomach problems and skin issues to which she has seen a dermatologist,all follows ups have been inconclusive,
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.Tamsulin is used for urinary problems.This medication relaxes the muscle at the exit of the urinary bladder and thereby helps in increasing the urine flow in people who have problems in peeing.If she has had side effect with it like you mentioned then she should definitely stop taking it as far as I am concerned but should keep her doctor well informed about this.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars when you are done asking.Kind regards