Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have red spots on my penis head

Customer Question

I have red spots on my penis head
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
have you been sexually active recently?
have you used a condom or lubricant?
can you upload a clear jpg photo of your penis head so I can better help you?
here are instructions to upload a clear jpg photo from a computer
type a word in the textbox and highlight it
then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg
this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. If the spots are just red spots and not blisters or pimples then most likely this is balanitis--a yeast infection--and that can be treated with topical ketoconazole cream or oral DiflucanWe cannot actually diagnose something like this online so I suggest you have a doctor look at itLet me know if you need any more information please
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
recent sexual activity or dry skin on the head of the penis can cause dermatitis red skin and red spots. dry skin would need a moisturizer.
allergies on the head of the head of the penis can cause allergic dermatitis which would require hydrocortisone cream.
a bacterial skin infection would need an antibiotic ointment.
I would not just start using a fungal cream without having a doctor look at it.
I am still happy to look at a clear jpg photo
here are instructions
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi again--I never said you should treat this yourselfA bacterial infection of the head of the penis would be very rare.But once again--have a doctor look at this