Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I started having stomach ache since 2 days ago. It's not in

Customer Question

I started having stomach ache since 2 days ago. It's not in my tummy. It's localised in the stomach only. It's painful constantly. I felt better after I eat. Maybe less painful for a few minutes. Then the pain returns. What's wrong with me?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi.The possibilities here are gastrititis, a peptic ulcer, perhaps a gallstone problem, and pancreatitis.It could just be a stomach virus that will pass in a few days but you really should have a doctor evaluate this with an exam, blood work, and a ct scan of the abdomen.Please let me know if you need more information
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dr Chip,

I'm aware of these possibilities. Apart from these tests, is there any other ways of sussing out what the issue might be now, and whether this is an emergency?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Jasmine, if the pain isn't severe and there's no nausea and/or vomiting or any fever the most likely it's just a virus. In that case I wouldn't consider it an emergency but if it continues beyond a few more days it should be checked out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Chip, the pain has already persisted and It has caused a little bit of nausea. I'm sure I didn't feel it yesterday. Does it mean it's getting worse? I didn't vomit thankfully. Would this have anything to do with period at all? My period has been irregular. This month it hasn't come at all. The last few days I keep getting a feeling it will be here soon as I can feel the dull pain (only very slightly) in the lower abdomen. Last year I was very ill in the stomach too. A few doctors said it was acid problems and I had to be on a strict diet for months to get back to normal. I'm just worried it has developed into a proper ulcer.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No it isn't period-related Jasmine.

My first thought still is a peptic ulcer but the only way to tell that that's what it is is to have an upper endoscopy.

It could also be an H pylori stomach infection that can be tested for with either a breath test or a stool sample and that can be treated with a course of antibiotics.

At this point, I have to reconfirm that you need to see a doctor about it--doesn't have to be today but certainly tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you Dr Chip

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure Jasmine but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will do.

Have provided the rating. Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jasmine